Saturday, June 27, 2009

Update

I'm now just past the halfway mark of this pregnancy. It took 17 weeks but the morning sickness is practically gone. I get queasy sometimes in the mornings when I don't eat enough the night before. The first few months I didn't see much difference between the two pregnancies but the second trimester has been great this time around. I never felt this good during the twin pregnancy.

Tim and I are having fun thinking of baby names. I'm still trying to sell him on Renesme (Nessie). Don't you think a half vampire/half human character from Twilight is a fitting name for our baby who I am convinced is going to be born on Halloween in Erie (eerie)?

We got Tim's school schedule a few weeks ago. I was so happy to see that his first break from school starts on October 31st and since I am due on November 1st it is perfect timing. Another reason I think I will deliver on Halloween.

We are now proud owners of a minivan. Tim and I said we would never own one but we tried fitting three car seats in the back of our car and they wouldn't fit safely. I slowly began to see the benefits of a van and talked Tim into it. We got one cheap and had to get some work done on it but I think it will be a good car to last us for the next three years while Tim is in school.

Tim also starts working next week. He got a job that he can intern hours at. It couldn't be more perfect. It's in between our place and his school, it closed on Sunday and it's a closed pharmacy so he doesn't work with the public. It was perfect timing too. They had a few people apply for the job but Tim went in to put in his application while in his jeans and hat. The lady who takes the applications was busy so the general manager took Tim back and gave him an impromptu interview. The GM explained that the job was on the weekends and Tim told him that was what he was looking for and that he was a family man and didn't go out on the weekends. Tim explained that he has been married for 10 years (almost) and the GM said "me too" and Tim said that he had twin boys and the GM said "me too". Needless to say Tim and GM got along really well. He took Tim out to the lady who did the hiring and told her that they were going to hire Tim. We are grateful that Tim is working now and he found a job with relative ease.

We are having a good time out here and love living here. The ward is great and the most welcoming ward I've ever been in. There is a great group of women here that is always willing to help us out and we love getting together and letting our kids play.

Isaac and Asher are getting so big. The are understanding so much. Asher is probably a better listener and does what we ask him to. Isaac is still a dreamer and lives in his own world. Asher loves to wave and say hi to people and he points every time he sees a bird. Isaac says "yep" or "yeah" when I ask him questions, even though he doesn't know what I'm saying. When he's in that mood I ask him if he loves his mommy and he always says "yep".

1 comment:

Lisa Brown said...

That is awesome how things are working out for you guys there! And so glad you are over your morning sickness - I have mine during the entire pregnancy, and it is so not fun.

PS. Tell Tim that Kevin will lose all respect for him if he anems his child after a Twilight character - he he!