I and A had their 12 months check-up. I was shocked when I layed Isaac on the scale and it said 16 lbs 15 0z. Wait, wasn't he 16 lbs at last check-up? Then I thought well maybe Asher was 16 lbs and Isaac was 14 lbs. When we got home I checked and Isaac was 16 lbs 7 oz. A whopping 1/2 pound weight gain in 3 months. I was really dissappointed because I feel like we are feeding him ALL the time. We give him any type of food and the fattier the better. He's even a better eater than Asher.
The pediatrician drew up the standard "Failure To Thrive" blood work and we'll have his blood drawn tomorrow to check for thryroid problems and other diseases. We'll also schedule an appointment with the lab for a "sweat test" to check for cystic fibrosis. By the way, Isaac is in the .5 percentile for his age group.
Asher is now 19 lbs 12 oz (12th percentile) which was surprised me because I really thought both babies would be over 20 lbs. So if anyone out there has ideas how to bulk up my babies, I would love to hear them!
The babies also got their shots and I held Isaac's arms down this time while Tim held onto Asher. It was the first time I got teary during their shots. Just looking into Isaac's eyes, seeing him jerk when the needle went it, him realizing he'd been hurt, then begin to cry, I alsmost couldn't take it.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Talked to Mom yesterday. She told me about Isaac's tests. Isaac is in our prayers. Take care.
Post a Comment