Sunday, October 18, 2009

'Tis the Season

Halloween in nearing, so what does that mean? Taking the kids to stroll in the local cemetery of course! The Erie Cemetery has really old, beautiful graves. The oldest date we saw was 1744. The boys had a great time and the weather and scenery was gorgeous. We tried to be respectful as possible and enjoyed seeing part of the history of Erie.
Asher climbing on a grave. I quickly took him off, but not before I snapped a picture of him
Cool old mausoleums, there are tons of them here.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

cool halloween idea! cute pics

Zac and Whitney Phelps said...

That looks cool! I like looking at old cemeterys! It looks really gorgeous there! I just told my mother that we needed to come there and see you guys! lol I wish I want to go back east sooo bad!

Lisa Brown said...

I love old cemeteries. There is an amazing one in Savannah, and I would go there and take pictures. Sometimes I found myself apologizing to the person in the grave for standing on their grave so I could get the "perfect shot" - you know, just to be on the safe side - he he!